All the Feels for The Boston Marathon

Hello!

Happy day to you.

I flew out of bed today at 6 am, made some coffee, and got ready for an exciting morning.

index

The Boston Marathon was finally here!!!

Marathon Monday is a special day in the running community.

We like to compare this day to the Superbowl, as it is pretty much the same thing for us.

There is one difference though…

I don’t think many people cry while watching the Superbowl.

I definitely did.

8 times to be exact.

I admit that I have a tendency to cry (when it comes to running) more often than most.

Running is a super spiritual experience for me and I get caught up in “all the feels”.

Anyway, I have been looking forward to this day for a long time…

Even my watch was excited!

index

It was an amazing morning, with some absolutely fantastic finishes.

I mean seriously….

Atsede Baysa totally laid the hammer down on the last 6 miles and came completely out of NOWHERE to win the race.

That was seriously insane.

And Lemi Berhanu Hayle was awesome!

He stuck to his guns, and ran his race… even though Lelisa Desisa kept urging him to keep up with him

He said no.

Which shows so much mental strength.

The Boston Marathon is truly an awesome and inspiring race.

It makes me really grateful to be apart of such a strong and supportive community of amazing athletes.

I am so inspired that I have decided to set my sights on qualifying and running in the 2019 Boston Marathon.

index

I think that will give me enough time to drop the 32 minutes that I need to qualify.

Fingers crossed.

Boston here I come (in 3 years)!

Did you watch the Boston Marathon?

Who were you rooting for?

Let’s connect!

http://latest.thechromenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/twitter-icon3.png https://i0.wp.com/www.radiomaria.it/Data/Sites/1/instagram.jpg

23 thoughts on “All the Feels for The Boston Marathon

1. Tri.runner.ella says:

Oh my god!! I thought I was the only weirdo that cried when watching races like this!! Good luck on your challenge to qualify – I’m thinking of trying to qualify for London but no idea what I can run a marathon in yet x

2. Rebecca Royy says:

Good luck on your goal! I ran Boston last year, and I’ll tell you how I was able to qualify: St. George marathon in Utah. It has the highest BQ %. First 6 miles are rolling, 2nd 6 uphill (a bit hard, but you still have a lot of energy at that point) Next 10, downhill!! Last few, flat. Beautiful scenery too.

• RatherBeRunnin' says:

OH!!! Nice! Thank you for the recommendation. I finished a few hilly marathons around 4:11, so I am hoping to be faster with a net downhill course (St. George sounds perfect!). Thanks for the luck! 🙂

3. dgobs says:

I cried watching it too… each time the starting gun went, and each time someone crossed the finish! Every damn year. Good luck on your quest!!

4. Alaina says:

I had the exact same feelings today! This was my 5th year working the marathon (I work at a hotel near the finish line) and I was watching the coverage on my computer. I got teary eyed so many times too! I’m certainly not fast enough to qualify but to run for a charity would be awesome.

Good luck on your training!! I will definitely be following. 🙂

5. windsofchange18 says:

I love your drive!!! I hope you qualify to run the Boston Marathon. My son just arrived home around 3 this afternoon Boston is a 2 and1/2 hr drive from where we live. Him and his friends came back happy and tired not that they ran ,their still in High School and it was a great experience to see it live..he is now sleeping and I am sure he is dreaming of running it someday.:) keep up the good work and love reading your posts.

6. prairieprincessrunners says:

Good luck and I can’t wait to watch you accomplish that goal!! I would love to run Boston, but I need to do more full marathons…and find a running partner to do those long runs with. I have only done one and that was nearly 6 years ago…but am planning on number two next May to celebrate my 10th anniversary of my first race!