The Best Spectator Marathon Signs. Ever.

f036143fa211db13129f20091a9e8101

nyc-marathon-1

nyc-marathon-sign

sign6

signs

slideshow_1002320134_dyc_marathon_signs_03

077fc65d3189e9ad1cb4c5ac04553376

43 thoughts on “The Best Spectator Marathon Signs. Ever.

1. fawnandjoey says:

Having just run a marathon on sunday I can totally appreciate this post! The crying fat cells is unbearably funny. I also saw a few: “worst parade EVER” signs and one: “you aren’t even close to being “almost” there!”. All good fun.

2. Michelle says:

My favorite memory of a race was the half marathon I ran with my dad. We were in the back of the pack when someone shouted out, “You look awesome! Everyone in front of you looks like sh*t!!” So motivating. Also love any sign that says Ryan is waiting for me. 🙂

YES! I love those signs too. I think Ryan should be waiting for me at the finish line. I mean seriously, what is he doing? Not waiting for me at the finish line with puppies and stuff… like he should.

3. Mariajose says:

Love them! My faves are the last one, the one about Kim Kardashian and Keep Going! Keep Going! (that’s what she said) lol

4. Molto Vivace says:

I love reading race signs – they definitely do motivate me! I saw one that said something like “You people paid money to do this?” that made me giggle at one of the later miles of the recent half marathon.

5. jenereesa says:

I LOVE taking pictures of signs on the route! Some favorites? “Worst Disneyland Parade Ever, Seriously the Choreography is Horrible!” “You Look Hot When You Sweat” and “Running: It’s Not Just From the Cops Anymore!”

6. amandakathleen1985 says:

Great post : ) This is awesome. I have to say, I laughed out load (a rare thing while running) when I first saw “Worst Parade. Ever.”

7. chiccheaporganic says:

I always love seeing cool signs on race day, they are always so motivating! I think I’ll replicate some of these and put them up around my training routes… That ought to do the trick!

8. blessedwiththunderthighs says:

One that I saw near the end of a marathon was a man dressed up as Jesus, holding a sign that, at first looks like it says “THE END IS NEAR”. Then as I got closer, I saw that there was smaller text in the middle: “THE END (of the race) IS NEAR”.
    I thought that was clever 😀