Would You Rather: Running Edition

As most of you know, I love running.

I mean, duh, my name blog’s name is RatherBeRunnin’… right?

Right.

So I think it is safe to assume that I would prefer running over pretty much everything on the planet, right?

Right!

On that note, let’s play a game!

It’s no longer Monday, so we can have fun today instead of talking about serious running stuff, like injuries and nutrition.

crazy-cat1

Have you ever played “Would you Rather?”

If you haven’t, I will explain the rules:

“Would you rather…” is a party game typically played by students (or cool runners like you and I). It consists of at least 2 people in a group each asking a question. The person asking the questions give the choice of two possible choices to his question. Often, the question is situation-based, and the two answers are bad choices. The players must pick between the better, since often none of the choices are desirable.
As you may have guessed, the questions start with “Would you rather…”. The participant must finish the sentence with a scenario, or preference-based question. Following the question, each player must pick an answer, and explain it. This often leads to debates on the better answer. It goes without saying that an agreement is not often reached.

Now that you know how to play the game, allow me to explain the “Running” version of this game.

The choices will always be running related. I will pose the questions and answer them as well (in purple), but I want you to comment in the section below!

Are you ready to play? OKAY! LET’S GO!

images

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? No TV, duh… I am sure I could find like a million other things to do instead. Although I would miss Scandal.
  2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Run 100 miles per hour, although flying would rock!
  3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Only be able to run, I think it would be fun to have to run around all over the place!
  4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ  (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I would give up running for one year… BQing is one of my life goals!
  5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? Fast runner with injuries. I mean I already have half of it down (the injuries part).
  6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Running shoes all the time… surprisingly enough. I hate stepping on stuff when I don’t have shoes on.
  7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Wasabi, even though I hate it. Mayonnaise is just nasty.
  8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed.. although it would be a challenge. I would have to recruit a running buddy to hold my hand!

I know this was super corny, but I needed to have a little fun today… it’s been a tough week ALREADY!

Don’t forget to play too and comment below!

smile-big-6

Way to go!

33 thoughts on “Would You Rather: Running Edition

1. Dawn H. says:

lol hydrate with mayo or wasabi? how terrible! the “no run and BQ” or “run and no BQ” is a tough one for me…I’d love to BQ but dunno if I could give up running for a year!

2. Eribis says:

1. Never watch TV again or never run again?

Never watch TV. I really don’t watch too much as it is and I’m thinking of canceling it

2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour?

I’ve got to pick flying

3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run?

Run. I could get where I’m going so much quicker

Run as much as I want. Boston isn’t a goal for me.

5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries?

Slow for sure. I don’t like injuries.

6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)?

I don’t want to wear shoes to bed but I also don’t want my feel to be all rough from never wearing shoes so this is tough… but I’m going with barefoot. I can still wear socks right?

7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi?

This is really gross but I’m going to have to go with mayo I guess. I’ve never had wasabi but know its spicy and I can’t take much spice.

8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together?

Either of these is just asking for trouble with me but I guess eyes closed. I’ve rather not know what I’m going to fall into or onto

3. adventuresofaa says:

1.Never watch TV again or never run again? No TV
    2.Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Flying.. How amazing would that be?
    3.Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Run ! Because my body would be banging and I would always be on time! Plus practice makes perfect.
    4.Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I don’t know if Running will ever be more than weigh loss help for me. So I don’t think I would care if I BQ or whatever.
    5.Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? slow racer.. slow and easy runs the race
    6.Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? barefoot ! I hate wearing shoes especially tennis shoes.
    7.Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? uhm… Mayo it conditions!

8.Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? ankles I need to see whats going on

4. Mar on the Run! says:

This is awesome!!
    1. Never watch TV again or never run again? Goodness, NO TV. Then I wouldn’t have moments where I accidently turn on things like “What would Ryan Lochte do?” and then actually watch.
    2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Fly 10 miles per hour. Wouldn’t want to make my legs tired.
    3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Only able to run — I think it’d be funny.
    4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? Run as much as I want for sure! Couldn’t give that up for anything.
    5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? Injury free slow runner — room for improvement, always.
    6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Shoes, all.the.time. Though the pedicures I could get (hmm)
    7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Ew, but mayonnaise for sure. The spice on the stomach during run – don’t think I want to imagine how that would feel.
    8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed — the other sense become stronger – imagine what you would feel and hear!!

5. kennygump says:

ha so fun!

1. no tv for me.
    2. run 100mph
    3. run and not walk
    4. give it up for a BQ – seriously amazing! there are plenty of years to run after:)
    5. slow and steady
    6. i pretty much wear running shoes all the time anyway. so i might as well keep em.
    7. bring on the wasabi – plus hot foods speeds up metabolism
    8. blind runnin. running with your ankles tied together isn’t really running. plus my friend’s husband is bling and he somehow manages to run/walk on their treadmill all the time.

fun game. i like corny!

6. fasterfastest says:

This is so much fun!

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? Definitely no TV–There are tons of other ways to entertain yourself… like running!
    Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Fly 10 miles per hour–Think how easy it’d be to scan the course before a race.
    Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Only be able to run–You can always run slowly
    Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I’d rather never BQ–Running to me is about the process and it’s one of the only ways I keep myself sane. No running for a year? I’d probably go crazy!
    Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? This is tough. I think injury free and slow–I just am coming back after an injury, and starting over sucks.
    Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Barefoot runner–I don’t like to run barefoot, but I hate wearing shoes most of the time, so I guess I’d have to learn.
    Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Ewwww! Wasabi, I guess.
    Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed, for sure!

7. Bill Dolton says:

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? No TV — easy one because there are a ton of work-arounds via Internet, etc.
    2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Fly 10 miles per hour — running that fast would make it hard to appreciate my surroundings and I love running scenic trails.
    3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Only able to run — you can always run in place or in small circles 🙂
    4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ  (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I tough one, but I’ll choose run as much as I want — I don’t subscribe to the notion of a free lunch and I’d still have to put in the work to get to BQ speed.
    5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? Injury free slow runner — I can still nibble away at my time, but I’m more interested in keeping on running.
    6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Wear running shoes all the time — no desire to go bare footin’ — I like my cushiony Asics Nimbus shoes (just bought my 11th pair).
    7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Tough call, but I think I could better handle mayonnaise, although I’d probably DNF on either; oh, and mayonnaise might encourage me to pick up my pace before it sat out too long at the last hydration station!
    8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed — I’ve seen blind runners in events I’ve done, but I’ve never seen someone with their ankles tied — sounds like a guaranteed face plant.

BTW, I knocked my monitor off the desk when I high-fived your post!

8. runningtoherdreams says:

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? Never watch TV of course
    2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Run 100 miles per hour
    4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I wouldn’t give up running for anything even BQ
    5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? I am already a slow runner, no injuries I will stick with what I know best!
    6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Barefoot runner
    7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Oh my, ew. Wasabi and I don’t even like that
    8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed

9. Cassie says:

Never watch TV again or never run again? Hmmm.. though I like tv I could leave it behind easily if I had books and running =)

Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? I would have to say run 100mph! I would never be late for anything again!

Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Only be able to run! I just love it too much to say I would only walk from now on.

Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I would give up running for the year. Who doesn’t want to BQ

Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? Slow runner with no injuries. Though I would love to be faster I also HATE being injured.

Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Used to I would say barefoot but since some PF issues I would say shoes all the time.

Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? um, ew? I would have to say Mayo as gross as that is because I despise anything spicy.

Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed! It is possible with a buddy. I can’t imagine feeling confined with my ankles tied together.

10. Jennifer @ahungryrunner says:

1. Never watch TV again or never run again?
    I would totally give up Gibbs just so I can continue to head out my front door. I’m sure he’d understand. It’s probably one of the rules anyway.
    2. Run 100 miles and hour or fly 10 miles an hour? Hm…flying would be pretty spectacular.
    3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run?
    Only running! Isn’t that what we did as kids anyway? I would love to recapture some of that pure joy!
    How on earth could I BQ if I didn’t run? I think I’d go crazy. I’m shooting for a BQ for real but I’m not willing to give up my sanity for it.
    5.Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries?
    Injury free and slow. Then, I know I would still be able to run when the rest of ya’ll who wanted to be fast are home nursing injuries. Slow and steady wins the race. 😉
    6.Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)?
    Running shoes in bed? Gah! A bare foot stuck out from under the covers is the perfect temperature control device! I’ll take barefoot and watch out for gross and/or scary things in the road.
    7.Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi?
    Seriously? I think I vomited a little in my mouth
    8.Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together?
    Definitely running with my eyes closed. I’ve zoned out before on long runs and have “come to” and not remembered quite a few miles. That’s gotta be like running blind, right?

11. Running for the Prize says:

1. Easy. No tv. Next (even tho I work in tv… If I’m working to doesn’t count)
    2. Run 100…. Just to mess with peeps on highway
    3. Only run… Again, might be fun
    4. All BQ. On my bucket list
    5. Injury free I think. I’m already slow and have fun..l I wanna keep loving it.
    6. Barefoot… Obviously
    7. Wasabi. Love it
    8. Eyes closed. Always use the buddy system!

12. Jennifer @ahungryrunner says:

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? I would totally give up Gibbs so I could continue to head out my front door. I would miss him but I’m sure he would approve.
    2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Wow. That’s a tough one. Flying would be supremely awesome.
    3. Only be able to run and not walk or only be able to walk and not run? Definitely running. Isn’t that what we pretty much do as kids? Would love to recapture that joy!
    4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? How could I BQ without running for a year? I would miss it too much. I’m shooting for a BQ for real but I’m not willing to give up my “me” time just to make that happen.
    5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? Injury free and slow because then I wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to run at all because I was injured!
    6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Shoes in bed? That’s never going to happen. Bare feet stuck just outside the blankets are excellent temperature control! I would have to go with barefoot running and keeping my eyes peeled for slimy and/or sharp things in the road.
    7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Seriously? I just vomited a little in my mouth.
    8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? Eyes closed, definitely. Sometimes, I get so “in the zone” that I don’t realize I’ve gone as far as I have – that’s gotta be pretty close to running blind, right?

Nice questions! How did you come up with mayonnaise or wasabi? BLECH!

13. fitin52 says:

1.Never watch TV again or never run again?
    Never watch TV again. I actually do enjoy some mindless TV viewing at the end of a long day, but if I could never run again my whole life might be mindless.
    2.Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run?
    I agree that only being able to run sounds fun!
    3.Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want?
    As of right now I am not in the market to BQ (though you never know, I may one day) so currently I would say run as much as I want. I don’t know what I would do for a year if I couldn’t run?
    4.Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries?
    Injury free is for me! Though speed is great, I’d rather go the distance even if it’s slowly. And if I’m constantly injured, how can I go the distance?
    5.Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)?
    Running shoes works best for me because, like you, I don’t like to step on things with my bare feet. I have sensory issues 🙂
    6.Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi?
    Though I have never tried wasabi, I have a theory that ANYTHING is better than mayonnaise!
    7.Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together?
    Pretty sure you can’t run with your ankles tied together, so eyes closed fo sho!

• fitin52 says:

Not sure how this didn’t get copied above! Whoops!
      2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour?
      Fly 10 mph – I have a fear of air travel so if I could fly under my own power I think that fear would ease a bit. And I don’t need to run 100 mph – though I would love to be able to consistently run 6 mph!

14. jenereesa says:

I need this!

1. Never watch TV again or never run again? Buh-bye TV! (But don’t make me choose between running and the computer…)
    2. Run 100 miles per hour or Fly 10 miles per hour? Run. Although, let’s be honest, I’d take running 15 mph.
    3. Only be able to run and not walk or Only be able to walk and not run? Ummm, I think I’d go with walk on this one. Because it would stink not being able to hang out with others and if they can’t run then I’d be very sad.
    4. Have to give up running for a year with the promise that you will BQ (Boston qualify) once you resume, or Never be able to BQ but run as much as you want? I don’t plan to EVER BQ. I’m okay with that. So I’ll take running as much as I want.
    5. Be injury free and a slow runner, or a fast runner with constant injuries? I am (mostly) injury free. I’m also a slow runner and I’m content with that.
    6. Be a barefoot runner or wear running shoes all the time (even in bed)? Oh dear. I think I’d go barefoot because I like being barefoot. Not when I’m running but I can’t sleep with shoes, man.
    7. Hydrate during a run with mayonnaise or wasabi? Can I choose death?
    8. Run with your eyes closed or run with your ankles tied together? You know, I saw a blind runner (in front of me!) at the Broad Street Run. I’d go with eyes closed. And then I could take a nap after!