Things I Can’t Run Without.

Hi! Happy day ya’ll!

Today I have decided to do a post about the things that I can’t run without.

These are my must haves for heading out to sweat it up for a few miles… or 14 depending on the day.

Since I am neck deep in Half Marathon season, it is even more important to have the best gear!

1. Ultra Aspire Hydration Backpack: I realize that this probably comes as no surprise considering I have done a few posts about how much I love this thing.

2. Sunglasses: I wear these suckers at 6:30 in the morning for no darn reason. I guess I just want to look cool, even if it isn’t that sunny.

RatherBeRunnin

3. Pink Yurbuds Headphones: These headphones freakin’ rock. They rock so hard that I accidentally blew my ear drums out after my half marathon in April (they were a little too loud and I was so jazzed up about how well I was doing that I didn’t notice). They prevent sweat from getting in your ears too… which is so annoying!

4. Saucony Omni 13 Running Shoes: I love, love, love, love, love, love my Sauconys. I love them so much I have 3 different pairs that I swap out throughout the week. Can someone say addicted?

images5. Nike Dri-Fit Hat:Β  When you are as white as I am, you gotta cover up yourself up. Because, seriously… skin cancer is no joke! These hats cover up your face and prevent sweat from getting in your eyes. I have like 5 or 6… all in black (like Johnny Cash!).

6. Armband for my iPhone: Fact- Running without music is boring. Throw in some music and it is a party!

and last but certainly not least…

7. Garmin Forerunner 225: I love counting my daily steps, checking my pace, seeing how many miles I have run and then tracking it all when I am done running. The Garmin allows me to do all of that very easily. This is my top pick for a MUST HAVE running gadget.

unnamed

What is on your list of must haves?
Do you like any of the things I mentioned?
Do you have a running watch? If so, what kind?

35 thoughts on “Things I Can’t Run Without.

1. My For Real Life says:

Oh my, I love my Sauconys! I’m glad someone else does too. I need a garmin!!! and sunglasses. Possibly the water pack as well, but I’m not sure I could handle running with it. The less on me, the better.

2. Rebecca Royy says:

Road ID (which reminds me…new shoes so I need to change the ROadID over to the new ones!)
    Tunes
    and flashlight (it’s got a cute little elastic holder that wraps around my hand)

3. Stephanie@nowiun.com says:

Your shoes are ADORABLE! I need new ones soon… I wonder if they make sizes big enough for my feet πŸ™‚
    I must have my shoes and comfortable clothes that aren’t going to chafe. There are plenty of other things I’d WANT, but I wouldn’t NEED them!

4. Mariajose says:

I have to run with my new RunCuf! I always need my phone to both track my run and hear music and having it in my hand gets annoying and the RunCuf has proved wonderful! I don’t have a running watch yet. 😦

5. Jaime Shine says:

It’s funny; I don’t always wear a hat when training but always during races. (Superstition, I guess?) It’s 15 years old, sweat-stained and never been washed. I picked up the Sony Walkman headphones earlier this year and love them. I always wear sunglasses. Oh, and I love my super lightweight New Balance trail running shoes! πŸ™‚

6. klmv says:

Music. Sunglasses. My shoes!

And I’m a BUFF addict. In colder seasons, they’re hats, in summer, headbands. In winter, I stock up on windstopper buffs for that extra warmth. I have so many buffs in different colours and patters. πŸ™‚

7. ttoffelmire says:

I always run with my garmin. I have the 405 also, but pine over my hubbies 310xt. I have yurbuds but don’t love them. My newest purchase is a spibelt, and I think I’m in love with it :). I just bought newtons a couples months ago and so far really like them, though I haven’t run any super long runs in them.

8. unsportywomencanrun says:

love your list πŸ™‚
    I can’t run without my adidas cap by day or my polar headband by night, my SPI belt for phone, epi pen and chews for longer runs, my SPI handheld drink bottle for longer runs and my polar RC3 GPS watch. But I haven’t ever run with music, not sure why, just love listening to the rhythm of my feet.

9. Running1 says:

I don’t know how I live w/o that Nike dri-fit hat. I lost it for a week and I became lost…but it found me. I am going to look for those sneakers, thx for the tips.

10. Emily says:

I definitely second the Road ID – I’ve had my fair share of ‘oops, that was close moments’ – every runner needs to get one!

I run with the Garmin Forerunner 10 and love it.

I need kid sunglasses. I have a small head and the glasses get scratched up running the trails. I’m looking for super cool spongebob ones next (half joking…only half)

I also need my Vibrams – love those bad boys, I think I’m actually going to try running barefoot…legit….in the next two weeks!