Go play on the freeway!

I totally played on the freeway yesterday.

Okay, well, I didn’t exactly “play” per say but I did run on a highway.

It was kinda fun!

After my horrific running experience last Sunday, I was a little nervous about heading out for a long run but…

I did it anyway!

Since I hate my fuel belt,

fuelI decided to give my hydration backpack a shot.

pack

I am officially in love.

It was so convenient to have this sucker strapped to my back and not chillin’ around my waist lookin’ like a bunch of grenades…. they are not grenades, people!

(and it is NOT a fanny pack Julie!)

I do have to mention that the water tasted kinda like dirt.

It has been a few years since I last used it… so I think it needs a good washing.

How the heck do you clean it? Does anyone know?

Because I was so jazzed about the backpack, that the run ended up being pretty awesome.

13 miles!

The weather was nice too, which was cool. It was not nearly as hot as it was last weekend… but I also started at 8 am, instead of 9:15.

I learned a lot from the last crappy run. So I guess I am kinda thankful that it happened.

In other news,

I need some inspiration this week my friends.

I started the Whole30 challenge on Saturday and I am officially in detox-mode today.

Which means that I am pretty tired and a little on the grumpy side.

o-GRUMPY-CAT-KITTEN-570I need some help.

You wana help me? Of course you do!

E-mail me at ratherberunnin@hotmail.com

Do you have a running related question that you would like to ask me? Or even questions about me that you would like to know? Is there something that you would love to read about? Do you want to do a guest blog post?

Send it over!

I will compile all of your input into (hopefully) a couple posts. I am hoping this will get me through the next few days without killing someone.

Okay, it’s not that bad… but I am tired.

Help. Me. Please.

I am going to go take a nap in my car… that’s all for now!

Thanks buddies!

-RatherBeRunnin

17 thoughts on “Go play on the freeway!

1. Eribis says:

I have a hydration belt but its only got 2 bottles and one pouch… so far no one has told me it looks like i’m carrying grenades.I never thought about the backpack style because I always thought it would be too bulky and uncomfortable. And now that I see its impossible to clean(?) I think I’ll stick to my belt. I really like that I can carry all that I need and it’s easy to get things out of it.

OK…. so you need help….well YOU can help me…maybe…I want to improve on my speed. Got any tips?

2. abeginnerrunner says:

Hi! Thanks for liking my post! 🙂 Im torn between buying a hydration belt or a hydration back pack. The thing is, I dont want a “thing” hanging on my waist too so I think my first purchase will be a hydration back pack! Thanks for the info you gave up there 🙂

Absolutely! I actually just went and bought another one last night at Big 5 for $25. The one I just started using had mold in it and I didn’t realize it. Gross. Anyway, back packs are much better that belts. I highly recommend them!

Oh yes. I love mine! I can’t believe I was using a stupid hydration belt before…what was I thinking?!? I think I want to try and find a more stylish one but for now I think it will work. Ha!

3. Heather Irwin says:

I love my back pack hydration pack. I have a Nathan one now built for ladies and will probably get a Camel Back too. They’re great and I wear it on every run and race, 4 miles or longer, since the only way I can drink as much water as I need to each day is start while running

4. Nina says:

I bought a hydration backpack last weekend, and I wanted to clean it before I use it for the first time. Seriously, does anyone know how to clean it? Cause I have no idea either.