Let’s run for Boston.

It is with a heavy heart that I write this unplanned blog post.

Today at about 2:50 PM EST an unknown (as of now) group of people or person attacked my friends at the Boston Marathon… and I am heartbroken.

2d790e5a4f1a0b0cde1ea54bccb3b1d2

The overwhelming grief that I feel even at this moment, almost 6 hours later, is indescribable.

Running is MY safe place. It is my calm, my serene and my peace. It is one of the only safe places that I have and now, even that has been taken from me.

I know that every single one of you who are reading this feel exactly the same way that I do. Because with us… if you attack one, you attack us all.

That is exactly why I am posting this… to let you know that you are not alone.

I feel your anguish, your hurt, and your pain.

We all do.

Tomorrow morning, these pink Newtons will do something very special.

images

I will run for Boston.

With an immense amount of sadness and an aching heart,  I will head out onto the street.

I will run for them. For those who were hurt and those lost their lives.

Join me. Today, tonight, tomorrow… whenever.

Let’s run for Boston.

Let’s ban together and be strong. Because, if we stand together they can’t take us down.

Take a deep breath, say a prayer and just go.

-RatherBeRunnin

24 thoughts on “Let’s run for Boston.

1. Michelle says:

I ran for them yesterday. I ran for them today. It hurts my heart that this could happen and it enraged me to push harder. Yesterday I ran the fastest few miles I’ve ever run. But I’m conflicted on how happy I should be about that in light of the days events. Sigh, why do dumb people do such things.

Great question… but unfortunately it’s one that we can’t answer. The only thing we can do is what we are doing now. Support each other, love each other and run. It’s all I know how to do anyway. I ran this morning too and it was definitely an emotional one… but therapeutic. I, as I am sure you as well, will continue to run for Boston.

2. alligill says:

Ran for them today. I really wanted to beat my mile PR, but with my two 5Ks yesterday and Saturday, I just couldn’t coax it out of myself. Might try another mile tomorrow. It’s just hard not to think about how sad I am for the marathoners…

3. Rebecca Carney - One Woman's Perspective says:

My daughter’s best friend lives in Boston and ran in the Boston Marathon today…had finished and left the area when the bombs went off…but this whole thing has made me MAD, SAD, ANGRY, HURT. I grieve for those who are injured and for the families who have lost loved ones, especially (as a parent who has lost a child) the family whose child died. I grieve for the loss of innocence caused by this act on a day that was supposed to be about fun and commitment and fortitude…that a coward could commit such a despicable crime on innocent people. Even though I am not a runner, I love your idea of running for Boston. Best wishes to you…and to those affected by this tragedy.

I completely agree with you. I am mad, sad, angry and hurt too. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings- I feel such an amazing sense of comfort and support today- knowing that there are people out there who are just as devastated as I am.

4. cldem says:

I had planned to run a long run tonight due to rain yesterday. I got out a little later than expected but ran 8 miles. Between the anger and sadness, and the constant mantra in my head “This is for Boston” or “This will not stop runners” I finished it in my fastest time since Jan 2012. I am tired but feel amazing. I ran because more than 100 people in Boston can’t tonight.

5. thetraillesstraveled says:

I ran this evening. It was one of those ugly runs. My heart wasn’t in it; I had almost no energy to even run it because of all the crying earlier today; I had new pains and soreness mid-run. Even though I made sure that all my friends in Boston were safe I still felt this deep sadness. I got through it and I just told myself “Tomorrow will be better.”