These are a few of my favorite NEW “running” things!

I have gone a little crazy with my running related purchases lately…

to prepare myself for my half marathon and marathon training schedule

because I really love running…

and I have a shopping problem.

(Okay, I admit it!!)

You are probably asking yourself “Why are you telling me this, lady?”

Well, allow me to share with you a rather extensive list of my NEW favorite running things (*cue Maria from the Sound of Music)

image

These are a few of my favorite “running” things!

My Ultra Aspire water bottle

(Purchased from Left Lane Sports for$9.95)

Image

My Black Pro Compression socks

(Purchased from Left Lane Sports for $34.95)

Image

My electric blue KT Tape

(Did I mention this was free? But, it is regularly $19.99… from KT Tape, but SO worth it!)

Image

These are a few of my favorite “running” things!

My Blue Ironman Yurbuds Inspire earbuds

(Purchased from eBay for $14)

Image

My Pink RoadID bracelet

(Purchased from RoadID for $19)

Image

Triberry and Cherry Limeade NUUN

(Purchased from Running Warehouse for $6 each)

Image

These are a few of my favorite “running” things!

My leopard print running skirt

(Purchased from RunningSkirts.com for $65)

image

And last but certainly not least…

My Garmin Forerunner 405!

This one isn’t new, but it deserves a mention because it is my favorite!

(Purchased from eBay for $115)

Image

These are a few of my favorite “running” things!

You are all so incredibly lucky that I didn’t YouTube myself singing that. You can thank me later.

A special thanks to all of my new followers! I hope I am keeping you entertained and up to date on all of the latest running styles… just kidding.

In all seriousness, if you ever have any suggestions for blog topics, send them my way! I am trying to put up new posts every day, but am not always successful.

-RatherBeRunnin

38 thoughts on “These are a few of my favorite NEW “running” things!

1. Indyanna63 says:

Thanks for checking out my blog at realindyannalife.com ! I’m glad I linked back to your blog, because I love this article on running things! I too, have a running, I mean, shopping addiction. Do you mind if I post something similar? I’m getting a Garmin watch for Mother’s Day and was planning on sharing that anyway.

2. jenwhitaker00 says:

Okay, I must know… what do you use the KT Tape for? And I have added the ID Bracelet to my Wish List! (BTW, shopping is NEVER a problem: it’s either a solution or an opportunity!)

The KT Tape is for injuries! I have PF and for some strange reason, shin splints right now… so I have been taping myself up like a mad woman. It helps to compress the muscle and give it support. It can be used for ANY injury and it seriously works. I highly recommend it.

3. Tino says:

Sadly, all those things in the UK will probably cost twice as much and as I no longer run [sob] they would not serve me much purpose and I would bet they all look a damned sight better on you than they ever would on me 😉

4. Day's Run says:

Thanks for stopping by. Another place for great running skirts is Gypsy Runner and I personally love Sparkle Tech skirts. The shorts do not ride up, even on my thighs. Road Runner Sports has been getting some cute shirts in lately. I do a lot of shopping on Sierra Trading Post as well.

5. Ed Mahoney says:

You should time a post like this for Christmas or your birthday. I actually did for Christmas a couple of years ago and it gets tons of hits every December when people are searching for gifts for runners.

6. Frank K. says:

Now we know how to spot you when you’re out for a run. Leopard skirt, blue ear buds, black socks, green watch, pink Road ID and Kineseo Tape, carrying a bent-top water bottle. Can’t miss. Thanks for checking out my blog 😉

7. tamsynsmith says:

Great post! I love my Garmin Forerunner 405cx too… but it’s made me get all ‘gadgetty’ and now I spend far too long looking at the data form that, my heart rate monitor and my foot pod. I’m not a great runner, but at least my cadence measure up to the elites!

8. shazruns says:

I read recently that part of taper madness is buying running things so as I am tapering I have hidden the visa! I love my forerunner also def my best running thing

Great idea… I should take your advice. I have bid on 4 pairs of Nike running shorts TODAY and another pair of compression socks on eBay. Trust me, I DO NOT need any more shorts or socks… but I am antsy. Thanks for understanding and for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. 🙂

9. Michelle says:

I’ve always considered getting a running skirt and some Yurbuds, but I’m concerned about how effective they are. Do you find that the shorts inside the skirt actually stay down the entire run? (I have big thighs and get nervous about these type of things.) I’d also love some KT tape, but sadly it is tough to tape my own calves. Definitely some great ideas of gifts to get runners! 🙂

Yes! My thighs are not very small either and they stay put! I have only tried runningskirts.com running skirts though. I am not sure how the other stand up to the thigh test. I do have to pull the skirt down for the first mile or so until I get a little sweaty (yes, I am a sweat-er) and then they stay put. I love them! The Yurbuds work really well also, they stay in your ear and the music is LOUD! I love it! 🙂

KT Tape is super awesome. I believe you can buy it at Target and all of the other sporting good stores. Or here KTTape.com I have plantar fasciitis and am using it to help my foot heal, but there are about a ba-zillion other uses for it- for pretty much every injury. I have heard some people recommend using it in lieu of a knee brace for those will knee problems. I highly recommend it. Check out their website for more information. They are very helpful and responsive to any questions that you may have.

10. Jen says:

I found your blog through @runningbloggers on Twitter, and I added you to my list. Any runner with a shopping problem is one of my people!

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for finding me and following me. I love having new followers! I will go check out your blog and follow you as we’ll. I hope you like what you have read so far. 🙂

The garmin watches are the best! I had one before but sold it when I got my iPhone. Big mistake! I ended up getting an upgrade for Christmas. I love it to pieces and its more convenient that having to look at your phone all the time.. Saves battery life too 🙂