Sometimes in life things hurt. They suck and are hard to get through, but the important part is that you NEVER STOP TRYING.
Today’s long run, my last long run before the SLO Half Marathon, was one of the hardest runs I have endured in about a year. So many things happened that could have easily thrown me off my game, or given me an excuse to give up:
- My watch died at mile 1 (yes, I forgot to charge it)
- It was really, REALLY windy
- I had to pee mile 2 (yes, I forgot to pee before I left)
- I lost my earring
- My plantar fasciitis was acting up, again
- My left knee was killing me
- The road was SUPER hilly.
I could keep going because it seriously sucked, but I won’t. The fact is- I didn’t give up. I finished what I set out to do. That is the most important lesson that I learned today… Never give up regardless of how much it hurts.
The confidence and satisfaction that comes with struggling through something that is hard or painful is what life is all about. Getting uncomfortable, pushing past your limits and surprising yourself.
What can you do today to push past your limits?